Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A-Z C for Clothing

In Lamentations Of The Flame Princess characters start with adventuring clothing. Good clothing to get along. But what makes characters different from each other is style of the clothing. Naturally you write "clothes" on your character sheet but I think that character's style is also important. What colors they prefer and what kind of decoration they like. Even though there usually is only type of clothing written in equipment list player should write what kind of clothing it is. In my opinion describing the style of characters is as important as describing his facial features, body type, eye and hair color etc. Clothing is just extra for how you look like and most certainly personalizes your character further.

In addition to describe your character's looks don't forget to describe his style.

8 comments:

Lynn Proctor said...

you are so right, great things to remember about your characters

Ted Mahsun said...

Hey there, hope you get to catch up with the A to Z! :)

Rhonda Parrish said...

One of the best parts about creating a new RP character is figuring how how they dress and what their personal style is. It's good of you to remind people of that so they don't miss out on the fun and potential character development :)

Pa Ul said...

nice C post
do check out my H or other letters at GAC a-z

Unknown said...

Oh man... I got really busy and couldn't post at all for a while. Now I am considering to quit this challenge as it is too stressful to think how much I have missed and how much I have to catch up.

Misha Gerrick said...

So true. Clothes can make a big difference in how a character is perceived. I find that when I'm writing as well. :-)

nutschell said...

i always have fun choosing clothes for my sims:)
Happy A-Zing!
Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

MAJK said...

Sometimes I think the clothing is almos more important than the looks because it says something about the characters personality when you "see" how they choose to dress.

*~ MAJK ~*
Twitter @safireblade
A to Z Blog Challenge