So, started to run Lamentations of the Flame Princess so it is time to answer 20 questions (I have found here: http://untimately.blogspot.com/2012/02/20-quick-questions-rules.html).
1. Ability scores generation method?
3d6, can toggle two
2.How are death and dying handled?
0 hit points roll death and dismemberment table (link). Negative hitpoints give their value negative modifier to roll (more hitpoints lost, more likely wound is severe or lethal).
3. What about raising the dead?
Extremely rare and legendary.
4. How are replacement PCs handled?
Same level, ½ xp. Quick intro how replacing PC continues possible adventure.
5.Initiative: individual, group, or something else?
Player characters individual, monsters and NPC group.
6. Are there critical hits and fumbles? How do they work?
Natural 20 doubles damage rolls, natural 1 something bad happens (weapon drops, next turn lost etc.)
7. Do I get any benefits for wearing a helmet?
No. Helmets are included or not in armor. It's style question.
8. Can I hurt my friends if I fire into melee or do something similarly silly?
Yes, how LotFP rules state.
9. Will we need to run from some encounters, or will we be able to kill everything?
Need to run from some of the encounters. Excitement is not always killing things but also being afraid of them.
10. Level-draining monsters: yes or no?
XP drainers. No level loss but XP loss.
11. Are there going to be cases where a failed save results in PC death?
If there is save versus death yes. But those are really rare and hinted beforehand of danger.
12. How strictly are encumbrance & resources tracked?
LotFP has really easy to follow encumbrance system, so strictly.
13. What's required when my PC gains a level? Training? Do I get new spells automatically?
Relatively safe and relaxed place needed (out of dungeon). Spell get depends on class according to rules except house-ruled Elf.
14. Can it happen in the middle of an adventure, or do I have to wait for down time?
15. What do I get experience for?
Killing and looting mainly. If something really really awesome happens from player's wits it is rewarded.
16. How are traps located? Description, dice rolling, or some combination?
Specialist and Elven can roll (and other with skill search). Otherwise traps are found if player discovers them (describes where to look and how).
17. Are retainers encouraged and how does morale work?
Morale works like in rules. Roll d12 against morale value if retainers ordered in direct danger (or ½ hit points lost). If failure, retainer is not pleased, flees or in worst case resigns.
18. How do I identify magic items?
With special spell.
19. Can I buy magic items? Oh, come on: how about just potions?
Magic items are extremely rare and potions expensive. Magic items are not stock goods.
20. Can I create magic items? When and how?
Magic-users can create wands and staffs like rules state.
21. What about splitting the party?
Only one player so not an issue. But party splitting could be otherwise possible. Then I'd just Referee in turns for both parties.