Friday, September 10, 2010

Francis Fanfingers - Halfling thief

I haven't generated my own character yet for D&D, so here it comes. This is actually NPC, but I'll roll him up for laughs.
I decided, that he will be level 2 so I can also see that how gaining a level affects a character, so I can prepare in advance when my player does so.
I first make 1st level character. Then add his second level modifications on top of that.

Name: Francis Fanflingers
Race: Halfling
Class: Rogue
Level: 2
Experience points: 1000

Aligment: Chaotic Good

ABILITIES:
Strength: 6 (-2)
Dexterity: 17 (+3)
Constitution: 12 (+1)
Intelligence: 15 (+2)
Wisdom: 13 (+1)
Charisma: 13 (+1)

ARMOR CLASS: 10 + DEX 3 + Size 1 + Armor 2 = 16
HIT DIE & HIT POINTS: D4 / 9
INITIATIVE: +3

Attack bonus melee: Base +1 / STR -2 / Racial trait +1 = 0
Attack bonus ranged: Base +1 / DEX + 3 / Racial trait +1 = 5


SAVING ROLLS:
Fortitude: 0 + 1 con = 1
Reflex: 3 + 3 dex + 1 race = 7
Will: 0 + 1 race + 1 wis = 2

WEAPON AND ARMOR PROFICIENCY: Crossbow, Dagger, Dart, Light Mace, Sap, Shortbow, Short sword

FEATS:
Run


EQUIPMENT:
Armor: Leather +2 AC
Weapons:
Light crossbow (18, crit 19-20/x2, 80ft., piercing)
Dagger (1D4, crit 19-20/x2, piercing)
Sap (1D6 subdual damage, crit x2, bludgeoning)
Gear: Backpack with waterskin, Trail ration x1, Bedroll, Sack, Flint & Steel, Thieve's tools, Hooded lantern, 3 Pints of oil, Crossbow bolts x10
Wealth: 19 gp

SKILLS:
Move Silently - Dex +3 / Ranks 4
Hide - Dex +3 / Ranks 4
Open Locks - Dex +3 / Ranks 4
Search - Int +2 / Ranks 4
Pick Pockets - Dex +3 / Ranks 4
Bluff - Cha +1 / Ranks 4
Use Magic Device - Cha +1 / Ranks 4
Climb - Dex +3 / Ranks 4
Listen - Wis +1 / Ranks 4


ROGUE SPECIALS:
Sneak attack +1D6
Evasion


RACIAL TRAITS:
- Small. +1 AC. +1 attack rolls. +4 hide.
- Speed 20ft
- +2 climb, jump, move silently, listen
- +1 saving throws
- +2 saving against fear (stacks with +1 saving bonus)
- +1 missile bonus

INSPIRATION:

Francis, he lives in a big city. Well, he calls it "opportunity". As city is crowded and main market place of the area, there are always new faces, new stories to be heard and old stories to be told (if someone wants to listen). And of course plenty of pockets to pick.
Every day for Francis is a new adventure. "How could I get on top of that building?" "How much gold can I scrap today to spend in tavern?" "What is that traveller's story?"

--EDIT-- Added saving rolls and forgotten bonuses from lvl 2. --EDIT--

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool! I have to say that I would think of him as Chaotic Neutral rather than Chaotic Good, just because he's stealing indiscriminately. If he were only stealing from "bad" people, then I could see Chaotic Good. But he robbed your PC's good-aligned character just because he met her - that seems Neutral rather than Good to me. Not that it makes a difference in the end!

Unknown said...

Well, I like to see him as a good character. He just cannot resist "borrowing" things for his halfling blood ;)

I think whole aligment thingie is a bit silly (there's been lots of discussions about aligment in general I've seen) and not to be followed so strictly. Like there are total of nine aligment combinations coverine all individual persons in whole world?